Your home is the cornerstone of your family. The most important part of your home? The roof over your head. Ensure that your roof is keeping your family safe through harsh storms, long winters, and other home catastrophes.
Without a proper roof, your home could become drafty, leaky, or even become hazardous during the next storm. Choose Delaware Roofing & Gutter Pros to maintain your roof to keep you and your family safe and warm.
Is it time for a new roof?
Knowing when to replace your roof is an important part of being a homeowner. Roofs can last as long as 15 to 20 years. Harsh storms and improper installations can shorten the lifespan of your roof. Do you know how to tell when it’s time for a new roof? There are several ways to tell when it’s a good time to replace your roof.
- Curling Shingles – Have you noticed that the shingles no longer lay flat against your home? If your shingles are curling or buckling, they could be allowing moisture into your attic causing leaks or water damage.
- Missing Shingles – Missing shingles can allow moisture to seep into your home. This can cause leaks, mold, rot, and other water damage.
- Granules on the Ground – Granules are pieces of shingles that have broken down over time and fall into your gutters or if you start to find granules on the ground around your home, it’s time for new shingles.
- Old Roofing – Likewise, if your roof is older than 15 to 20 years, it’s time to consider getting it repaired or replaced to protect your home. If you recently purchased an older home, ask the previous owner when the roof was replaced last.
If your roof fits one or more of the criterion above, it’s time to call in the experts. Get a professional roof inspection by Delaware Roofing and Gutter Pros to determine if your roof could use some love.
If your roof is in overall good condition, you might only need a roofing repair. This might involve replacing a few shingles rather than a full replacement. This is good news for your wallet. Trust the Delaware Roofing and Gutter Pros to inspect and repair your roof.
Replacing your Roof
If it’s time to replace your roof entirely, you should consider what roofing material you would like to use. There are several options for roofing on your home.
- Shingles – Shingles are the most common roofing option because of their price. They are versatile and come in nearly any color.
- Metal – Metal roofing lasts longer than shingles, but it costs more to install.
- Cedar Shake Shingles- For the rustic look and it meets Historic District codes.
- EPDM Rubber- Over areas of your roof where there is a low pitch or a flat roof.
After installing your new roof, it’s important that you consider purchasing a manufacturer warranty. Sleep easy with a warranty on your roof that protects you from a variety of issues including extreme weather damage and is transferable in case you decide to sell your house down the road.
Financing Your New Roof
If a new roof is not in your budget or if you need a new roof because of storm damage, we offer 100% financing. Feel free to contact us for details.
Contact the Delaware Roofing & Gutter Pros
If you think your home could need a new roof, or if you are interested in getting your roof inspected, call the Delaware Roofing & Gutter Pros today. One of our expert roofing contractors will answer your questions and give you a FREE ESTIMATE. Call 302-236-3704.